Author Topic: Re: Sent 21 coins for regrade to PCGS. RESULTS ARE IN AND THEY AINT GOOD!  (Read 2941 times)

Offline FilthyBroke

• Expert Collector
  • Karma +1/-0
Re: Sent 21 coins for regrade to PCGS. RESULTS ARE IN AND THEY AINT GOOD!
« Reply #10 on: June 30, 2011, 02:28:11 PM »
That's a tough break, bear.  I've heard how hard they've been on regrades recently, but it didn't hurt to give it a shot. 

I wouldn't let it get me down, you have a nice collection, don't let this this affect your opinion of what you've assembled. 

please visit my website - http://jetoncollector.com/index.html

Offline FilthyBroke

• Expert Collector
  • Karma +1/-0
Re: Sent 21 coins for regrade to PCGS. RESULTS ARE IN AND THEY AINT GOOD!
« Reply #11 on: June 30, 2011, 02:30:37 PM »
I have noticed this for a long time. Did you submit or a dealer?
If there is a huge price jump from one grade to the other you can rest assured the coin will not grade higher!
Sorry to hear bear

Yup, it makes me think that they don't like to upgrade for fear of accountability at a higher level, which is just wrong to me.
please visit my website - http://jetoncollector.com/index.html

Offline bear

• Top Collector
  • Karma +1/-0
1.It is my opinion, that periodically, the Company decides that too many coins in a series are receiving high grades
and it may decrease the value of existing coins.Thus a meeting is held and the word goes forth to tighten up a bit.

2. If a coin comes in for upgrade and the value would take a quantum leap, the Company, unwilling to assume the
guarantee liability sends forth the word that thou shalt not upgrade except in the most extreme situation.

3. If too many crossovers seem to be giving a boost to another Company, then the word goes forth to cut down on
the rate of cross overs.

4. One would think that such activity would seriously reduce the amount of coins sent in for regrade.

5. The only benefit I can see to this unofficial and secret program, if in fact it exists other then in my mind, it to reduce
the lucrative crack out business in some way.

6. The down side for the company is this, CAC now becomes the inexpensive alternative to the more expensive Company option
which no longer will issue legitimate upgrades. For 10 bucks and a green sticker, one can get a bit mor money for a coin rather
then holding out a forlorn hope for a plus or even, heven help us, a full point upgrade.

7. Of course the Company does lose some credibility when they refuse to admit that grading has never changed, when the clear
collector opinion, is that it has. Of course these come to Godliness meetings, have never taken place and motherhood, and apple pie are
still the order of the day.

8. Well all I can say is that these things that have never happened, come and go like the seasons. In time, these things shall pass, at least
for a while.