Civil War token collector here!

Back
  • Reply #10   by 1863cwt on 28 Aug, 2009 09:53
  • Well I have over 350 CWT's in my collection. Most (okay, almost all) don't look as nice as yours do!   ;)
     I do have about 20 uncs. I will try to get some pics. up next week. I have a George Washington/Marthia Washington token that is at NGC right now, it is said to be the token used as a plate in the Fuld book on Civil War tokens!!! It is unc. too, and an R-9.  ;D

• Reply #11   by coinsarefun on 28 Aug, 2009 10:56
  • Well I have over 350 CWT's in my collection. Most (okay, almost all) don't look as nice as yours do!   ;)
     I do have about 20 uncs. I will try to get some pics. up next week. I have a George Washington/Marthia Washington token that is at NGC right now, it is said to be the token used as a plate in the Fuld book on Civil War tokens!!! It is unc. too, and an R-9.  ;D

350 of them ???...........that not a collection, that's a hoard :D
    Sounds very cool. Can't wait to see a few of them.

George Washington/Marthia Washington token R9........would LOVE to see it :)

Stefanie
  • Reply #12   by 1863cwt on 28 Aug, 2009 13:22

• LoL  :D yeah, well I figure there are ONLY like 10,000 different ones to buy, and I'm young enough, so I'll just go for all of 'em!!!  ;D

• Reply #13   by coinsarefun on 28 Aug, 2009 21:59

• LoL  :D yeah, well I figure there are ONLY like 10,000 different ones to buy, and I'm young enough, so I'll just go for all of 'em!!!  ;D

So true......you have age on your side :D
    But, it sounds like you have an amazing collection already :)

btw........what got you interested in CWT's?
    Do you collect HTT's or Merchant cards?

Stefanie
  • Reply #14   by Rigos_Place on 03 Sep, 2009 20:49
  • Beautiful tokens... I need one of those little Indian ones... I think it is beautiful and it is certified too?
  • Reply #15   by 1863cwt on 04 Sep, 2009 11:10
  • I still did not get to post my pics. like I said I would  :(
    But check out my 1798 large cent under "Grandpa's cent"  :)
     I got into collecting CWTs for a few reasons. I enjoy learning about the Civil War, I had a family member fight for both sides in the war, I like to collect outside of the main stream numismatic areas. All Buffalo nickels have the same design, but CWTs are very different. Plus I can find rare tokens that the seller does not know are rare. It's like buying a 1916-D dime for the silver value!
  • Reply #16   by Larry on 05 Sep, 2009 08:19
  • I have a few CWT's.  Hi, Dan, Stefanie, Aidan, et al.  Seems like a great site, Stefanie. Thanks for the invite.  : )

• Reply #17   by BCNumismatics on 09 Sep, 2009 01:30
  • Someone should invite CWTokenman who posts up on www.cointalk.com/forum .

Aidan.
  • Reply #18   by Larry on 09 Sep, 2009 03:46
  • Reply #19   by BCNumismatics on 09 Sep, 2009 04:04
  • Larry,
      That's a very nice 1c. trader's currency token that you've got there.

I can guess that this is from Wisconsin.Am I right?

Aidan.

Are you sure?

Are you sure?

Are you sure?

Are you sure?

Are you sure?

Are you sure?

Are you sure?

Are you sure?

Are you sure?

Are you sure?

Are you sure?