Besides collecting coins...............what are your other interests?

Back
  • Besides collecting coins...............what are your other interests?   by coinsarefun on 20 Jul, 2009 13:05
  • I like to travel(especially Vegas) ;D.................so I guess that would be gambling :P

I like to image my coins, get a blast out of that!
    and probably design homes and commercial buildings. Its my business but I do
    enjoy designing something from nothing or taking a customers needs and wants and make it look
    nice which can be a huge challenge especially when there budget is quite small.

What's yours?
  • Reply #1   by regandon on 28 Jul, 2009 21:17
  • Long range shooting, Sword fighting and driving my Sports car very fast on twisty mountain roads.
  • Reply #2   by walmann on 28 Jul, 2009 22:19
  • Long range shooting, Sword fighting and driving my Sports car very fast on twisty mountain roads.

A traffic cops nightmare stop.
  • Reply #3   by coinsarefun on 28 Jul, 2009 22:30

A traffic cops nightmare stop.

Good one :D

• Reply #4   by Rigos_Place on 31 Aug, 2009 11:04
  • Wow, I got many things I like. One is collecting guns as well as going to the shotting range with my son. I guess it comes with the coin hobby and the job sence I work for the Orange County.  ^-^
  • Reply #5   by Scottishmoney on 06 Sep, 2009 19:55
  • My chief interest is humanitarian work in E. Europe.  It is a rewarding, but sometimes frustrating job.
  • Reply #6   by DLt-Sandwich on 08 Sep, 2009 11:54
  • I like to play airsoft with my brother and friends ( i have a gas shotgun )
    I like movies (who doesn't) I like playing with my Pooch sophie she is a really small German Shepard! And i really in-joy the radio!!
  • Reply #7   by Billy Kingsley on 20 Sep, 2009 21:51
  • My main hobby is 1/64 diecast metal NASCAR race cars. Along with those, I also collect NASCAR trading cards, build models cars, read DC Comics, read anything to do with Star Wars (in continuity) and study history, with a focus on Ancient Rome, and a primary area of interest being Europe. I also like to travel, to Lake George, Cape Cod, Toledo Ohio, and well, that's pretty much it. You could list message boards as a hobby, I post on more then a dozen on a regular basis, and I spend more time on Facebook then any human should be allowed :) Also, to a lesser extent, video games. It's rare when I actually do that but when I am in the mood for gaming I do that for days on end, then won't play again for months at a time.

Also, photography and managing my Website (in my siganture). I will take a picture of anything and everything, and I expect to clear 100,000 pictures on my site by the end of 2009.

Watching squirrels and birds, too.
  • Reply #8   by BCNumismatics on 08 Nov, 2009 19:21
  • In my case,I retain a very strong interest in constitutional matters,as I served under this guy; http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Michael_Hardie_Boys .

He was the Governor-General of New Zealand from 1996 to 2001.I was only 20 when I was asked by him personally to give him constitutional advice from a young person's perspective.I did this from 1997 until we retired in early 2001.I was 24 then,but he & I still keep in touch by mail.Both he & I are very strong Royalists,but he is himself qualified as both a lawyer & a judge,whereas,I came from an activist background opposing the illegal occupation of Moutoa Gardens (a public park in my home town of Wanganui) by a gang of Maori Nationalists in 1995.

Both former Governor-General Sir Michael Hardie Boys & I hold very strong anti-apartheid views,but he & I disagree on a few things,including in relation to the death penalty,which I am an advocate of restoring as a way of dealing with violent crime over here in New Zealand.He knows that I have long been an advocate of giving those who advocate apartheid the death penalty,albeit,in public.

I used to serve on the tenants' committee of the block of council flats that I have lived in since 1998.I was on the Committee from 2000 until my retirement in June this year.I served in most offices,including Chairman for an interim 2 month period between April & June 2005.I was most recently the Deputy Chairman.

I'm very active in my local church,including leading a team of counters to count the money that have been collected at the Sunday morning services.My church minister appointed me Chief Counter early last year,so I have some descretion about what measures are required,& that there are high standards to uphold.

Aidan.

Are you sure?

Are you sure?

Are you sure?

Are you sure?

Are you sure?

Are you sure?

Are you sure?

Are you sure?

Are you sure?

Are you sure?

Go to page: