If you could start all over again with collecting

Back
  • Reply #10   by Larry on 15 Sep, 2009 10:31
  • Welcome to coinsarefun, Wil2008.  ;D

That's nice half with its apparent blue toning.

• Reply #11   by Billy Kingsley on 20 Sep, 2009 21:20
  • For me, the biggest thing I would change is that I would start collecting sooner. I only started last year, and I was already 23 years old by the time I started collecting. (I'll be 25 in less then a month). Before last year, the only thing I collected regularly was State Quarters, and whatever Canadians I got in change. Now, as of last year, I have truly started to collect, and I'm loving every minute of it! I wish I had started sooner.

One thing I would like to change, is that I would like to have more "disposable income"; I live on a very limited amount, so I don't get to add new additions all that often. For example, I just bought 6 new Indian cents, a Hawaii $1 note and a Red Seal $2 last weekend. Before that, I got the 2009 Silver Proof set in August. Before THAT, I hadn't added anything new to my collection since March. So, even though I don't have a lot of money and thus, a lot of new purchases, I spend a lot of time reading. I am subscribed to the ANA publication, WorldWide Coins, and I visit now 4 message boards. I will also occasionally pick up a copy of Paper Money Values, CoinAge or Coins.
  • Reply #12   by bear on 15 Jan, 2010 00:08
  • If I was to start over knowing what I do now, I would bring more order

and purpose to my collection instead of trying ro collect everything. I would

learn to grade for myself instead of believing what was written on the coin holder.

I would be more selective and patient selecting a coin to purchase. I would make

a greater effort to locate those dealers that were fair and willing to educate my

understanding of coins.

Are you sure?

Are you sure?

Are you sure?

Are you sure?

Go to page:
You're not logged in

Navigation