Author Topic: What other forums do you belong to?  (Read 6046 times)

Offline BCNumismatics

• Top Collector
  • Karma +0/-0
What other forums do you belong to?
« Reply #20 on: January 06, 2010, 08:12:24 PM »
I am now posting on here; http://www.uscoininfo.com/forum.php as well.

You should come & join up on there as well.

Aidan.

Offline Deagle74

• Full Collector
  • Karma +1/-0
Re: What other forums do you belong to?
« Reply #21 on: January 07, 2010, 02:22:47 AM »
Hi Stefanie!

This would be my first post on your board - although I'm a occasional lurker.
I'm a member of Slovenian numismatic society forum (NDS)
http://ndsnumizmatika.mojforum.si/ndsnumizmatika.html

and I love to lurk (and post sometimes) on PCGS forum. I don't know if your asking the question because of new rules - but would like to know whats your opinion on those. I just love watching your tokens (and other stuff) and I know that you  recently start collectingsome nice British conders. So I would like to know how do you feel about Rule no. 6 on PCGS coin forum? I agree that rules and restrictions are just nessesary on such forums (and we have very strict admin in NDS also - especially of language use) - but I just don't like the tone of the new rules. It's just killing the spirit and me as a European member just don't feel welcome there. Hope you will post there again - othervise I'm only watching your board 4 now on :)

Regards, Rok from Slovenia
« Last Edit: January 08, 2010, 12:19:10 AM by Deagle74 »

Offline Scottishmoney

• Full Collector
  • Karma +0/-0
    • Scottish Coinage and Beauties on Banknotes
« Reply #22 on: January 07, 2010, 11:59:30 AM »
I think by collectors community maybe he means "Coin Community"?  Oh, that "Mom" and "Dad" place that is even more leave it to beaver than Cointalk.

Offline coinsarefun

• Administrator
  • Master Collector
  • Karma +5/-0
« Reply #23 on: January 07, 2010, 02:14:31 PM »
Hi Stefanie!

This would be my first post on your board - although I'm a occasional lurker.
I'm a member of Slovenian numismatic society forum (NDS)
http://ndsnumizmatika.mojforum.si/ndsnumizmatika.html

and I love to lurk (and post sometimes) on PCGS forum. I don't know if your asking the question because of new rules - but would like to know whats your opinion on those. I just love watching your tokens (and other stuff) and I know that you  recently start collectingsome nice British conders. So I would like to know how do you feel about Rule no. 6 on PCGS coin forum? I agree that rules and restrictions are just nessesary on such forums (and we have very strict admin in NDS also - especially of language use) - but I just don't like the tone of the new rules. It's just killing the spirit and me as a European member just don't fell welcome there. Hope you will post there again - othervise I'm only watching your board 4 now on :)

Regards, Rok from Slovenia

Hi, glad to see you posting :)

And, to your question I started this post a few month's back. Not in response to the latest
going on's at PCGS boards :)

Stefanie

Offline BCNumismatics

• Top Collector
  • Karma +0/-0
« Reply #24 on: January 07, 2010, 03:39:54 PM »
David,
  Coin Community is run by a pair of sadsacks who can't even run a forum to save themselves.That Bobby even had the gall to threaten to file criminal charges against me accusing me of being a serial spammer knowing full well that American courts don't have jurisdiction over foreign citizens who live in foreign countries.

Welcome aboard,Rok! What do you think of those bimetallic 3 Euro coins that are in circulation in Slovenia?

Aidan.

Offline cladking

• Learning The Ropes
  • Karma +1/-0
« Reply #25 on: January 07, 2010, 08:01:15 PM »
I look in on most of them and post anywhere people are talking about things that interest me.  This miostly means modern coins tokens and medals.

Offline Deagle74

• Full Collector
  • Karma +1/-0
« Reply #26 on: January 08, 2010, 05:31:23 AM »
Welcome aboard,Rok! What do you think of those bimetallic 3 Euro coins that are in circulation in Slovenia?
Aidan.

Thanx, Aidan

about our 3€ bimetallic coins I think they are quite cool. I like them both a lot (2008 and 2009). There are not many (if any) in circulation - I spend some just to mess a bit with some (cute) waitres :))

Bye, Rok

Offline Scottishmoney

• Full Collector
  • Karma +0/-0
    • Scottish Coinage and Beauties on Banknotes
« Reply #27 on: January 08, 2010, 06:48:58 AM »
I had no idea that Slovenia has 3 Euro coins.  I did get a Slovenian 50 eurocent coin in change a few weeks ago in either Vienna or Amsterdam, and a Cypriot Euro coin in change a couple of weeks ago in Frankfurt.  Usually all I see the most of are German, Dutch, Italian and Austrian coins though.

Offline Deagle74

• Full Collector
  • Karma +1/-0
« Reply #28 on: January 08, 2010, 11:27:07 AM »
Hi Scottishmoney...yes we have 3€ coins (PM me if you (or anybody else) would like to have some) - Can I ask , are you SaorAlba on currency forum (PCGS)?

If yes..........looooove your notes!
« Last Edit: January 08, 2010, 11:28:31 AM by Deagle74 »

Offline BCNumismatics

• Top Collector
  • Karma +0/-0
« Reply #29 on: January 08, 2010, 01:30:42 PM »
Rok & David,
  You can find some cool groups here; http://www.coinnetwork.com/groups/ .

There's even a Scots numismatic group here; http://www.coinnetwork.com/group/scotsnumismatics/ .

Yes,there is even a Euro coins group on there.

Aidan.