Author Topic: Besides collecting coins...............what are your other interests?  (Read 2010 times)

Offline coinsarefun

• Administrator
  • Master Collector
  • Karma +5/-0
I like to travel(especially Vegas) ;D.................so I guess that would be gambling :P

I like to image my coins, get a blast out of that!
and probably design homes and commercial buildings. Its my business but I do
enjoy designing something from nothing or taking a customers needs and wants and make it look
nice which can be a huge challenge especially when there budget is quite small.

What's yours?

Offline regandon

• Expert Collector
  • Karma +4/-0
Long range shooting, Sword fighting and driving my Sports car very fast on twisty mountain roads.
regandon
ANA member #R-3128774

Knights Templer
IN . HOC . SIGNO . VINGS

Offline walmann

• Full Collector
  • Karma +1/-0
Long range shooting, Sword fighting and driving my Sports car very fast on twisty mountain roads.

A traffic cops nightmare stop.
Interested in world coins 1912,1917,1936,1937,1951,1960,1988,2008,2009

Offline coinsarefun

• Administrator
  • Master Collector
  • Karma +5/-0

A traffic cops nightmare stop.

Good one :D

Offline Rigos_Place

• Collector
  • Karma +0/-0
  • 'DA MAN
    • Collectors Unleashed
Re: Besides collecting coins...............what are your other interests?
« Reply #4 on: August 31, 2009, 11:04:03 AM »
Wow, I got many things I like. One is collecting guns as well as going to the shotting range with my son. I guess it comes with the coin hobby and the job sence I work for the Orange County.  ^-^

Offline Scottishmoney

• Full Collector
  • Karma +0/-0
    • Scottish Coinage and Beauties on Banknotes
« Reply #5 on: September 06, 2009, 07:55:16 PM »
My chief interest is humanitarian work in E. Europe.  It is a rewarding, but sometimes frustrating job.

Offline DLt-Sandwich

• Learning The Ropes
  • Karma +0/-0
« Reply #6 on: September 08, 2009, 11:54:13 AM »
I like to play airsoft with my brother and friends ( i have a gas shotgun )
I like movies (who doesn't) I like playing with my Pooch sophie she is a really small German Shepard! And i really in-joy the radio!!
"Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while...you could miss it."- Ferris Bueller

Offline Billy Kingsley

• Full Collector
  • Karma +0/-0
    • My Fotki- almost 90 thousand photos!
« Reply #7 on: September 20, 2009, 09:51:49 PM »
My main hobby is 1/64 diecast metal NASCAR race cars. Along with those, I also collect NASCAR trading cards, build models cars, read DC Comics, read anything to do with Star Wars (in continuity) and study history, with a focus on Ancient Rome, and a primary area of interest being Europe. I also like to travel, to Lake George, Cape Cod, Toledo Ohio, and well, that's pretty much it. You could list message boards as a hobby, I post on more then a dozen on a regular basis, and I spend more time on Facebook then any human should be allowed :) Also, to a lesser extent, video games. It's rare when I actually do that but when I am in the mood for gaming I do that for days on end, then won't play again for months at a time.

Also, photography and managing my Website (in my siganture). I will take a picture of anything and everything, and I expect to clear 100,000 pictures on my site by the end of 2009.

Watching squirrels and birds, too.
Billy Kingsley Member: ANA, SPMC
http://public.fotki.com/ElCaminoBilly/
Collector of all coins, currency, whatever I like!

Offline BCNumismatics

• Top Collector
  • Karma +0/-0
Besides collecting coins...............what are your other interests?
« Reply #8 on: November 08, 2009, 07:21:19 PM »
In my case,I retain a very strong interest in constitutional matters,as I served under this guy; http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Michael_Hardie_Boys .

He was the Governor-General of New Zealand from 1996 to 2001.I was only 20 when I was asked by him personally to give him constitutional advice from a young person's perspective.I did this from 1997 until we retired in early 2001.I was 24 then,but he & I still keep in touch by mail.Both he & I are very strong Royalists,but he is himself qualified as both a lawyer & a judge,whereas,I came from an activist background opposing the illegal occupation of Moutoa Gardens (a public park in my home town of Wanganui) by a gang of Maori Nationalists in 1995.

Both former Governor-General Sir Michael Hardie Boys & I hold very strong anti-apartheid views,but he & I disagree on a few things,including in relation to the death penalty,which I am an advocate of restoring as a way of dealing with violent crime over here in New Zealand.He knows that I have long been an advocate of giving those who advocate apartheid the death penalty,albeit,in public.

I used to serve on the tenants' committee of the block of council flats that I have lived in since 1998.I was on the Committee from 2000 until my retirement in June this year.I served in most offices,including Chairman for an interim 2 month period between April & June 2005.I was most recently the Deputy Chairman.

I'm very active in my local church,including leading a team of counters to count the money that have been collected at the Sunday morning services.My church minister appointed me Chief Counter early last year,so I have some descretion about what measures are required,& that there are high standards to uphold.

Aidan.