A coin that I just could not wait for the year that I actually wanted..

Back
  • A coin that I just could not wait for the year that I actually wanted..   by walmann on 08 Feb, 2010 22:48
  • Many of the Italian coins have outstanding artistic detail and after more than two years, I put aside waiting for the "right" years in lieu of a nicely perserved specimen of another. Of course I am still on the look out for obtaining birthyear examples that are just as nice.

Seller's image.

• Reply #1   by Billy Kingsley on 09 Feb, 2010 00:29
  • I now have the song "waiting is the hardest part" in my head :)

Great coin! The Italian coinage is nothing short of spectacular from that era. Your coin is from the year after my great grandfather moved to the USA, from Italy. I am slowly working on a type set of coinage that circulated in Italy from 1900-1915, I've got three so far.
  • Reply #2   by Deagle74 on 09 Feb, 2010 01:34
  •  :Beatingheart; Very nice coin - thanks for sharing.

Rok
  • Reply #3   by coinsarefun on 09 Feb, 2010 02:10
  • That is a beautiful design :Beatingheart;
  • Reply #4   by Larry on 09 Feb, 2010 03:46
  • It's a beautiful coin and a great acquisition.  Congrats.

I picked up 100 Italian coins, unseen, for $30 a few years back on ebay.
    When they arrived I was astonished.  They are very nice and occupy their own album now.

• Reply #5   by Scottishmoney on 09 Feb, 2010 05:40
  •  :Beatingheart;  Because I watched that coin in the particular venue where you purchased it, it was on my watchlist, just didn't bid on it - but it is a true beauty as many Italian coins from that era are.  I am myself working on a 1911 50th Anniversary of the Kingdom of Italy type set - one of the loveliest commemorative sets ever.
  • Reply #6   by cpm9ball on 09 Feb, 2010 08:16
  • Many of the Italian coins have outstanding artistic detail and after more than two years, I put aside waiting for the "right" years in lieu of a nicely perserved specimen of another. Of course I am still on the look out for obtaining birthyear examples that are just as nice.

Seller's image.

Walmann, this is a great looking coin! I love the detail. I'm not familiar with the grading on these, but doesn't 64 seem a little low?

Chris
  • Reply #7   by Zantetsuken on 09 Feb, 2010 09:21
  • That is a true beauty 'walmann'. I know exactly what you mean by your opening statement. Sometimes you've got to leap at opportunities when you get them, or you'll kick yourself later. In any case, I hope you eventually find the exact date you're looking for. Thanks for posting this.

~Daniel
  • Reply #8   by FilthyBroke on 09 Feb, 2010 11:22
  • That is a true beauty 'walmann'. I know exactly what you mean by your opening statement. Sometimes you've got to leap at opportunities when you get them, or you'll kick yourself later. In any case, I hope you eventually find the exact date you're looking for. Thanks for posting this.

~Daniel

Then he'll maybe put this one up for sale. ;D  Very nice one, walmann, that reverse design is great!
  • Reply #9   by Zohar444 on 09 Feb, 2010 12:42
  • Very nice piece. Congratulations!

Are you sure?

Are you sure?

Are you sure?

Are you sure?

Are you sure?

Are you sure?

Are you sure?

Are you sure?

Are you sure?

Are you sure?