World Premiere!

Back
  • Reply #230   by FilthyBroke on 26 Feb, 2011 13:55
  • More....post more. There is a lot of history in those coins that FilthyBroke and Zantetsuken are posting. I would love to sit down with you two, and just look at your guys collections.

Thanks, and it would be very cool to meet up one day and see in-hand a few of those beautiful talers you have posted here.  I haven't had the chance to share my collection outside of my forum pictures yet. 
  • Reply #231   by FilthyBroke on 28 Feb, 2011 11:49

• The mail just arrived, and to my surprise I now have the first of my budding medal collection. ;D  This thing is massive (59mm)!  I see the allure of larger coins and medals now,  very cool!

This is a bronze medal commemorating the signing of the Treaty of Versaille, showing "peace" on the obverse and the gardens of Versaille on the reverse.

• Reply #232   by coinsarefun on 28 Feb, 2011 17:15

• The mail just arrived, and to my surprise I now have the first of my budding medal collection. ;D  This thing is massive (59mm)!  I see the allure of larger coins and medals now,  very cool!

This is a bronze medal commemorating the signing of the Treaty of Versaille, showing "peace" on the obverse and the gardens of Versaille on the reverse.

I love the obverse design........she is beautiful :Beatingheart;
    What a great medal to kick off your collection Happy(*)
  • Reply #233   by FilthyBroke on 28 Feb, 2011 17:37
  • Thanks Stefanie,  it was just one of those "must-haves" if you know what I mean.:) 
  • Reply #234   by regandon on 28 Feb, 2011 19:09
  • Now that is nice :ThumbsUp;
  • Reply #235   by FilthyBroke on 03 Mar, 2011 16:37
  • Now that is nice :ThumbsUp;

Thanks, Don.  Here's one for you, I know you appreciate the city views-

This silver medal/plaque is 87mm, and quite hefty!

• Reply #236   by FilthyBroke on 03 Mar, 2011 16:42
  • Oh, and it weighs in at over six ounces!
  • Reply #237   by regandon on 03 Mar, 2011 18:31
  • Very nice design. Yes, City Views are my fav.  :smiley-cool11:  WOW!! 87mm, now that is a large piece.
  • Reply #238   by FilthyBroke on 03 Mar, 2011 19:40
  • Thanks, I couldn't believe when it weighed in at 6.5 ounces, I have to wonder how these things can sell for so close to silver spot prices.  I'll admit that I don't know the purity, but most jetons are said to be about 95% silver, any ideas on the medals?
  • Reply #239   by regandon on 03 Mar, 2011 20:37
  • I wish I could help with an answer, but I do not know.

Are you sure?

Are you sure?

Are you sure?

Are you sure?

Are you sure?

Are you sure?

Are you sure?

Are you sure?

Are you sure?

Are you sure?

Are you sure?

Go to page: